Why isn't my API call working?
Use Audit History to troubleshoot API problems.
Do this as follows:
- Open your application in the AppSheet Editor.
- Go to the Manage>Monitor tab and click "Audit History". Then click "Get audit history records".
- Look for audit records with an "Action" value of "REST API invoke".
- You may need to wait for up to five minutes for the audit record to appear. We group audit records and periodically write the grouped audit records to reduce overhead. This can result in a delay before an audit record appears in the audit history. You may need to wait a short while and then click "Get audit history records" again to see the audit record.
- Click the "Details" icon to see the outcome of the API call.
- If the API call failed, the Details give the reason for this.
- If you see "Result": "Success" at the end of the audit record, then the API call succeeded.
Row Having Key Not Found
The error "Row having key '<key value>' not found" indicates that the record with the specified key could not be found when performing an update or delete. This can occur if your table has a Security Filter that excludes the record.
The REST API request runs under the user id you specify in the REST API "UserId" property. If no "UserId" is specified, the REST API request runs under the User Id of the app owner.