AppSheet's Audit History is a record of recent interactions occurring in your application. It contains an entry for every:
- Sync between the users of your app and the AppSheet backend.
- Add, Edit, or Delete between the users of your app and the AppSheet backend.
- Add, Edit, Delete, Action invocation, or Read call made via the AppSheet API.
- Invocation of any Workflow Rule
- Invocation of any Scheduled Report.
You can use Audit History to troubleshoot:
- Issues where a user says they synced their changes but no changes seem to have been recorded.
- AppSheet API calls.
- Zapier API calls.
- Workflow issues.
- Report issues.
Checking Audit History
- Open your app in the Editor.
- Go to the Manage > Monitor tab and click "Audit History". Then click the "Launch log analyzer" button.
- Look for audit records with the appropriate "Action" value. For example, you can look at "Add row", "Edit row" or "Delete row" records.
- Click the "Details" icon to see the outcome of the action.
The Audit History also shows summary charts of recent audit log entries.
By default, the Audit History is shown for a limited recent period of time. Richer filtering and analysis capabilities are available as part of the Business Subscription pricing plans.
Automatic Alert on Audit History Errors
You can subscribe to automatically receive an email alert each time an error is recorded in Audit History. Audit History Alerts are available as part of the Business Subscription pricing plans.
To enable or disable Audit History Alerts
- Go to the Manage > Monitor tab.
- Expand Audit History.
- Set Enable Audit History alerts.
Each Audit History Alert email message contains the following information.
- Subject: "Alert for AppSheet application <application name> at <gmtTime> GMT".
- Message: The error message from the Audit History record.
- Log URL: The URL of the Audit History record.
- Operation: The operation type from the Audit History record.
- Application URL: The URL of the application.
Filtering Audit History Alerts
You may wish to filter Audit History Alerts to highlight some alerts and to suppress others. You can do this by creating email filter rules in your email client. Most email clients provide rich email filtering rules for categorizing and routing email messages.