Troubleshooting Your Webhook with Audit History
Use Audit History to troubleshoot workflow problems.
Do this as follows:
- Open your application in the AppSheet Editor.
- Go to the Manage>Monitor tab and click "Audit History". Then click "Fetch audit history records".
- Look for audit records with an "Action" value of "Change workflow rule" or "Scheduled workflow rule".
- You may need to wait for up to five minutes for the audit record to appear. We group audit records and periodically write the grouped audit records to reduce overhead. This can result in a delay before an audit record appears in the audit history. You may need to wait a short while and then click "Get audit history records" again to see the audit record.
- Click the "Details" icon to see the outcome of the workflow rule.
- If the workflow rule did not invoke the Webhook, the Details give the reason for this.
- If you see "Result": "Success" at the end of the audit record, then AppSheet successfully posted the Webhook JSON body to the Webhook URL.
- The "Response" value in "Audit History" contains the value returned by the HTTP webhook call. The "Reponse" value is only logged when the webhook is invoked synchronously.