Use Audit History to troubleshoot workflow problems.
Do this as follows:
- Open your application in the AppSheet Editor.
- Go to the Manage > Monitor tab and click "Audit History". Then click "Fetch audit history records".
- Look for audit records with an "Action" value of "Change workflow rule" or "Scheduled report".
- You may need to wait for up to five minutes for the audit record to appear. We group audit records and periodically write the grouped audit records to reduce overhead. This can result in a delay before an audit record appears in the audit history. You may need to wait a short while and then click "Get audit history records" again to see the audit record.
- Click the "Details" icon to see the outcome of the workflow rule.
- If the workflow rule or scheduled report did not create an SMS message, the Details give the reason for this.
- If you see "Result": "Success" at the end of the audit record, then AppSheet successfully sent the SMS message to Twilio.
SMS Message are Not Sent
The SMS message may not have been sent for several reasons. In all cases the Audit History will contain an error message describing why the SMS message was not sent.
When you are testing your SMS workflow rule, be aware of the following restrictions.
- SMS messages are only sent for deployed apps. If you app is not deployed, no SMS message is sent and an appropriate error is written to the Audit History.
- SMS messages are only sent if you are on a pricing plan that supports SMS. If you are not enrolled in a pricing plan that supports SMS, no SMS message is sent and an appropriate error is written to the Audit History. Despite this, you can use the values that are logged in Audit History to verify that your SMS workflow rule is working properly.
SMS Message are Only Sent to App Creator
While the app is in test mode (i.e. it has not passed a Deployment Check), any SMS messages sent from workflow actions will go only to the app creator. This ensures that you do not inadvertently send email messages, send SMS messages, send notifications, or post HTTP messages while debugging your workflow rules.
SMS <<_ROW_WEB_URL>> Not Working
Ensure that the SMS message length is within the 160 character message length limit when using the AppSheet Twilio account. If the SMS message length exceed 160 characters, the SMS message will be truncated which may truncate the URL.
If you use your own Twilio account the message length limit is 1600 characters.
SMS Message Not Delivered
If the Audit History indicates that the SMS message was sent but the SMS message was not delivered, and the SMS message was sent from your own Twilio account, do the following:
- Go to Twilio
- Login to your Twilio account.
- On the "Home" page, click "Logs". This will take you to the "Product Logs" page.
- Under "Programmable SMS Logs", click "Messages".
- Look for the SMS message matching the values displayed in the Audit History. This will show you whether the SMS message was delivered. If not, a Twilio error message will be displayed.