Quick Edit allows you to mark specific columns to be editable directly from the Detail view. For example, Quick Edit is ideal for updating the "Status" field of a record without editing the full record.
To enable Quick Edit:
- Go to the UX > Views pane.
- Create a Detail view (previously Slideshow view) for the table or slice you wish to Quick Edit. The table or slice must allow edits.
- Expand the newly added view.
- Add one or more "Quick edit columns".
- Set the view position to "ref" if you do not want to add a button for this new Slideshow view.
Some columns cannot be Quick Edit columns:
- Key columns.
- Read-only columns.
- Columns computed by an AppFormula or sheet formula.
- System columns like row number.
- "Change" type columns.
- Columns with Editable_If expressions that disallow edits.
Other notes about Quick Edit columns:
- Changes to Quick Edit columns can cause other column values to change through formula dependencies.
- Valid_If and Required_If conditions will be applied. Changes that violate either the Valid_If or Required_If conditions will be rejected.
- Each edit is a separate row update, so Quick Edit is best used together with the DelayedSync option. You can set DelayedSync on the Behavior > Offline & Sync pane.