New to expressions and formulas? Try Expressions: The Essentials.
You can also learn more about other types of expressions.
Expressions may be used in various AppSheet features--app formulas, column constraints (Valid_If, Show_If, Required_If). initial values, and virtual columns--to customize app behavior and provide advanced functionality.
The expressions described here cover a range of needs and don't fit into any of the other expression categories: Conditional Expressions, Date and Time Expressions, List Expressions and Aggregates, Math expressions, Text Expressions, and Yes/No Expressions.
- IF() - Either/or conditional evaluation
- IFS() - First-match conditional evaluation
- SWITCH() - Choose-one conditional evaluation
Hyperlinks & URLs
- HYPERLINK() - New hyperlink
- LINKTEXT() - text component of hyperlink
- LINKURL() - URL component of hyperlink
- CONTEXT() - Information about the running app
- USEREMAIL() - User's email address
- USERLOCALE() - User's locale
- USERNAME() - User's name
- USERROLE() - Assigned role of approved user
- USERSETTINGS() - Specified user-setting value
LatLong & XY
- DISTANCE() - Distance between two locations
- GETX() - X component of XY value
- GETY() - Y component of XY value
- HERE() - Current location
- LAT() - Latitude component of LatLong value
- LATLONG() - LatLong from components
- LONG() - Longitude component of LatLong value