New to expressions and formulas? Try Expressions: The Essentials.
You can also learn more about other types of expressions.
Column expressions return the value of a specific column in a row. The row itself does not need to be specified; it's usually implicit in the context of the expression.
- Name any column using square brackets around the exact column name:
- When used in a column constraint (Editable_If, Required_If, Show_If, or Valid_If), you can use
[_THIS]to refer to the value of the current column of the current row. See Column Constraints.
- If the current row is not implicit from the context of the expression, it must be explicitly specified using a Dereference Expression
Common Use Cases
- In a virtual column:
CONCATENATE([FirstName], " ", [LastName])
- In a slice filter condition:
[Status] = "Complete"
- In a Valid_If column constraint:
[_THIS] > 25