Zapier is a service that allows non-technical users to connect a triggering event from one service with one or more actions in other services.
There are hundreds of services connected to Zapier and each connection between services is called a Zap. Here, we'll show you how to build a Zap, set up a bot in an AppSheet app to fire an event to trigger the Zap, and how the result of the Zap is to send the data from the bot by sending an email to the recipients. You could instead use any of the hundreds of other Zapier actions.
1. Create a Zapier account.
2. Create a new Zap by clicking Make a New Zap.
3. Give the Zap a name. On the top left, replace
Name your zap with a Zap name you choose.
4. Set the Trigger to Webhook, as shown below.
5. From the Trigger Event dropdown, select Catch Hook and click Continue.
6. Copy the Custom Webhook URL value to the clipboard by clicking Copy. Then click Continue.
7. Call a webhook from a bot in your AppSheet app.
8. Configure the webhook. Set the URL to the Zapier webhook URL. The Zap will be triggered whenever the bot is fired.
9. Run the app deployment check and mark the app as Deployable, otherwise the bot won't actually execute the actions.
10. In your AppSheet application, make a data update and save it to trigger the webhook.
11. In Zapier click Test trigger. This tells Zapier that you've sent a trial webhook to the Zap to trigger it.
12. Zapier recieves the webhook from your AppSheet app, and displays the Test triggered, We found a request! screen. You will see the JSON webhook body sent by your AppSheet webhook.
13. Now finish your Zap by choosing an Action, such as Email by Zapier.
14. Configure the email action appropriately. Note that you can use any of the fields from the updated record in AppSheet as they are all available in the payload sent from AppSheet.
15. Finish your Zap --- enable it to integrate your AppSheet app with the world using Zapier!
If you're interested in seeing how Zapier integration can work, check out this video about using webhooks with Zapier integration to send tweets from your app automatically.