One of our most popular view options, the form view allows you to capture information input by your app’s user base both online or offline (learn more about syncing offline information input here) Depending on your needs you can capture signatures, photos, location services or simple text. Similar to Google forms, new guests to your form will only be able to fill out the new form and will not see entries made by previous users.
AppSheet can be used to both distribute forms through a mobile app as well as use a mobile app to view and interact with form responses. This view helps you unlock mobile-specific features for your Forms that the web cannot capture such as photo capturing an input into your form directly from your mobile device.
Where does the form view live?
- To find the form view, open your app editor by selecting the app you’d like to work on.
- The navigation bar on the left side displays a tab titled “UX”. Click this tab.
- Once you’re in the UX tab you’ll find a navigation bar along the top of your editor. The first tab is your “Views” section.
- Once you’ve found the “Views” section, scroll to the “Primary Views” section.
- From here you can modify or add your form view type.
- To see one of our form views in action, here’s a sample app to review.
- You can distribute forms through a mobile app as well as use a mobile app to view and interact with form responses.
- Forms are customizable to suit your individual needs. For example, you can set a the form so that each user sees a fresh form when they open the form page on your application. You can learn more about form customization here
- Your application can include multi-page forms. Learn more about multi-page forms here.
Happy app building!