Creating the Template
You can create an HTML template file as described here.
Viewing or Editing the Template
Once the template is created, click the View button to view or edit the template.
Manually Creating the Template
You can manually create a template file by creating an empty .txt file on your personal computer, entering JSON text like that below, and saving the file to your personal computer.
<<Start: Select(MyTable[MyKey], TRUE)>>
"Computed Total": "<<[Qty]*[Price]>>",
Once the template file is saved to you personal computer, upload it to one of the following Data Sources:
- Google Drive
- Microsoft Office 265
- Microsoft OneDrive
For example, you can upload the template file to Google Drive, as follows.
- Open Google Drive and navigate to the Google Drive folder where you wish to upload the file.
- Click the "New" button and then click "File upload".
- When the file open dialog appears, navigate to the template file on your personal computer, select the file, and click "Open". This will upload the template file to Google Drive.
Once the template file is uploaded:
- Click the file icon following the Attachment Template property.
- When the "Select a file" dialog appears, navigate to the uploaded template file and select it.
- This makes the uploaded template file the current Template.
Each time you modify the template you must upload the template file to Google Drive. Google Drive will retain the original DocId. AppSheet will use the newly uploaded template file thereafter.