Learn more about sending email, using templates, and using expressions with workflow in the Workflow: Sending Email section.
You can include Drawing, Image, Signature, and Thumbnail columns in your template. For example, if your Image column is called MyPhoto, you could include it as follows:
Address: <<[Home Address]>>
Controlling How Images, Thumbnails, Drawings, and Signatures are Displayed
You can control how these values are displayed.
- You can control whether each value is displayed as an image or a URL.
- You can control the size of each displayed value.
By default, these columns are displayed as images and the displayed image size depends on the column type:
- Drawing column: Displayed as 600 x 600 image.
- Image column: Displayed as 600 x 600 image.
- Signature column: Displayed as 600 x 600 image.
- Thumbnail column: Displayed as 200 x 200 image.
You can override these defaults by creating a format rule:
- Go to the UX >> Format Rules tab of the app editor.
- Click New Format Rule.
- In For this data, choose the table containing the Drawing, Image, Signature, or Thumbnail column.
- Pick the desired column or columns.
- Optionally specify a condition.
- Under Workflow template format, choose one of the following for Image format:
Large: To display the image value as a 1000 x 1000 image.
Medium: To display the image value as a 600 x 600 image.
Small: To display the image value as a 200 x 200 image.
Tiny: To display the image value as a 50 x 50 image.
Text: To display the image value as a URL.
Hyperlink to an Image
You can use a hyperlink expression to construct a hyperlink to an image. For example:
<<HYPERLINK(CONCATENATE("https://www.appsheet.com/template/gettablefileurl?appName=", ENCODEURL(CONTEXT("AppName")), "&tableName=", ENCODEURL("table-name"), "&fileName=", ENCODEURL([MyPhoto])). "My photo!")