IN(CONTEXT("View"), LIST("Orders_Detail", "Orders_Form")) gives a Yes/No value that answers the question, is the currently-displayed view named Orders_Detail or Orders_Form? This might be used in a Show_If column constraint to display a column only in specific views but hide it elsewhere. See also: IN(), LIST().
("Form" = CONTEXT("ViewType")) gives a Yes/No value that answers the question, is the currently-displayed view a form view? This might be used in a Show_If column constraint to display a column only in form views but hide it elsewhere.
SWITCH(CONTEXT("Host"), "Device", "Tap below to:", "Browser", "Click below to:", "") gives different directions depending on whether the app is running from the native app on a device or from a browser. This might be used to generate a display name for a gallery view of launchers. See also: SWITCH().
CONTEXT( option )
- option (Text): One of the following keywords: AppName, Device, Host, Table, View, or ViewType. See Return Value below for descriptions.
Text: A value reflecting the current running app. The value returned is determined by the option argument:
- AppName: The short name of the app and account ID, as used in app URLs. For example, MyApp-123456.
- Device: The universally unique identifier (UUID) of the device, intended to identify the mobile device running the native app. Used from a browser, the UUID is tied to the browser's local storage, not the device itself, and may change if the browser's cache is cleared. In the emulator of the app editor, the value is randomly generated each time the editor is loaded or changes are saved.
- Host: Gives
Browserif the app is running in a browser or the app editor's emulator,
Deviceif a native app, or
Serverif used from an AppSheet server (e.g., in a workflow or report).
- Table: The name of the table used by the current view.
- View: The name of the view currently displayed to the user, or blank if no view is currently displayed (e.g., in a workflow or report).
- ViewType: The view type of the view currently displayed to the user, or blank if no view is currently displayed (e.g., in a workflow or report).
Note that View and ViewType may not work as expected if used in a virtual column's App formula expression. Except when editing a row (e.g., in a form or with an action) and other limited circumstances, virtual column values are computed by the AppSheet server during a sync. The server is unaware of the view currently visible to the user, so cannot provide the view name or type.