The assistant view allows you to interact with your app with your voice, similar to Siri or Google Assistant.
The assistant view currently works with English and Spanish language commands.
When running your app in a desktop, the assistant view speech recognition only works in the Google Chrome browser.
Enabling the Assistant View
To enable the Assistant, go to Intelligence > Smart Assistant in the editor and click on "Enable Smart Assistant":
This will create a new view in the menu of your app:
If you want to customize the location and presentation of your assistant view, click on "Show System Views" under UX > Views:
And then edit the Assistant view definition:
Using the Assistant View
Below is a summary of the types of commands that you can use in the assistant view.
You can navigate to different tables and rows in your app:
- "Show me my customers" - navigate to a table called Customers
- "Go to orders" - navigate to a table called Orders
- "Go to Bob Barker" - navigate to the row with label "Bob Barker"
You can filter your data using commands like these:
- "Show me all open orders" - navigate to the Orders table and display rows where the enum Status column equals "Open"
- "Show me orders from last week" - filters on a date column in the Orders table
- "Products that cost at least $5"
You can combine multiple filters in a single command:
- "Let me see Bob Barker's open orders from today"
You can also apply filters step by step:
- "Show me the open orders"
- "Just the ones from today"
If you have a LatLong column in your table, you can filter by distance:
- "Stores that are less than 5 miles away"
When viewing a particular record, you can use a voice command to run actions.
- "Go to Bob Barker"
- "Send him an email"
- "Add a new order for Bob for November 1st"
Right now, you cannot filter by Text-type columns. You can overcome this limitation by converting your Text columns to Enum. For example, if you want to filter your data by State, make sure that your State column is an Enum with a list of states as its Enum Values.