Use Audit History to troubleshoot workflow problems.
Do this as follows:
- Open your application in the AppSheet Editor.
- Go to the Manage>Monitor tab and click "Audit History". Then click "Fetch audit history records".
- Look for audit records with an "Action" value of "Change workflow rule" or "Scheduled workflow rule".
- You may need to wait for up to five minutes for the audit record to appear. We group audit records and periodically write the grouped audit records to reduce overhead. This can result in a delay before an audit record appears in the audit history. You may need to wait a short while and then click "Get audit history records" again to see the audit record.
- Click the "Details" icon to see the outcome of the workflow rule.
- If the workflow rule did not create a Notification message, the Details give the reason for this.
- If you see "Result": "Success" at the end of the audit record, then AppSheet successfully sent the Notification message.
Notifications are Only Sent to App Creator
While the app is in test mode (i.e. it has not passed a Deployment Check), any notifications sent from workflow actions will go only to the app creator. This ensures that you do not inadvertently send email messages, send SMS messages, send notifications, or post HTTP messages while debugging your workflow rules.
No Notification Device Token Present
You will see the following warning if no Notification Device Token is present for the notification recipient.
"Warning: No notification sent to 'firstname.lastname@example.org' because no Notification Device Token is present for this user."
For more information, see topic "Notification Device Tokens" under topic "To" in this article.